The Marketing Sales Group Pty Ltd (ABN 85 630 416 278) and its related bodies corporate (together “TMSG” or “We/we” or “Our/our” or “Us/us”) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
- our online properties (each, a “Website”), including:
- our websites, including, but not limited to www.themarketingsalesgroup.com
- any of our related websites, social media pages, internal websites
- any TMSG mobile or tablet applications
- any other means through which you provide personal information to us, including either physically or electronically
- If another party enrols or purchases a product or service on your behalf, we will collect the personal information they provide about you
- any other means through which we lawfully collect personal information about you.
- We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with products or services requested by you.
Kinds of personal information that TMSG’s collects and holds
- Personal information that may be requested includes, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as your full name, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode
- more detailed contact preferences including your workplace contact details
- location information
- your occupation and information regarding your professional history and professional interests
- information regarding your personal interests and interesting and relevant information about you
- financial details including your bank account and credit card details
- demographic information such as age group and preferences
- information about your preferences, interests, and experiences with our products and services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services
- information about your experience with our products or services or third-party products or services, including products or services listed on a Website
- When you use a Website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network
- other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website.
How TMSG collects and holds personal information
Active information collection
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel
- subscribe to any services, products, newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request information about our products and/or services as well as third- party products or services
- complete and submit any forms or applications to us
- place an order for our products and/or services
- contact us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website
- participate in any offers, promotions, competitions, rewards or marketing activities
- participate in an event, webinar or virtual event hosted for or on behalf of TMSG, whether you have enrolled or you were enrolled by another person or third-party
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose
- interact with or browse a Website generally
- make a complaint to us.
- Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including offers made available via our Collection Channels), marketing materials (including direct marketing materials and direct marketing phone calls), newsletters, electronic newsletters, news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other TMSG or third-party opportunities and products, services, offers, events, webinars, virtual events, competitions or promotions which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in TMSG being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming opportunities and promotion, competition, offer or event information or other content from you (where applicable).
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third-party sources and platforms including social media channels, commercial data providers, referral agents, marketing companies, targeting companies, list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so, including our service providers. For example:
- we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customise certain services to your geographic area
- we may obtain third-party information relating to your advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular advertisement.
- Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by TMSG to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age eighteen (18) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive information collection
- As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally including when you are logged into an account, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information. When you receive newsletters or emails from TMSG, we may use web beacons (described below), customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused email communications or other information.
- Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third-party sources, including as described above, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, provide you with relevant advertising when you visit a Website or a third-party website, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt-out, you can visit https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/your-privacy-rights/advertising-and-marketing/targeted-advertising/
- Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android generally define certain types of information or data that applications cannot access without your consent. Each platform has its own permissions system for obtaining your consent. For example, the iOS platform generally alerts you the first time a TMSG app wants permission to access certain types of data, such as location services, and will let you choose if to consent to that request. Android devices will generally notify you of the permissions that an app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. You can generally manage your platform level permissions via the Settings section on your device. For more information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out in this policy.
Purposes for which TMSG collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website
- To market products or services related to TMSG, our clients, suppliers, promotional partners and trusted third parties
- To respond to customer enquiries, complaints and complaints handling
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites
- To allow you to respond to and participate in offers and competitions
- To conduct competitions or promotions and communicate offers either for us or trusted third parties
- For internal record keeping including site usage, maintaining databases and administration of our products and services
- To provide you with information about your transactions, content, services and products
- To provide direct marketing materials, events, offers, competitions and promotions, from TMSG or third parties, in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel for us and our clients, partners, suppliers and trusted third parties
- To provide you with relevant advertising when you use our Websites or those of a third party
- To share reviews or testimonials provided by you
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters via commercial electronic messages
- To improve Website and system administration
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development
- To verify your identity
- To investigate complaints made by you
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research
- To share, license or sell personal information with our service providers, promotional partners, and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants, agents and contractors) in the manner described below
- Any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by TMSG in the circumstances.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with selected TMSG service providers, promotional partners and their related bodies corporate, and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants, agents and contractors) either in Australia or overseas. Failure to provide personal information may result in TMSG being unable to provide you with certain services, content, information, upcoming opportunities, promotions, offers, event or product information and/or accept content (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website, deliver a product or service, personal information may also be shared with our selected service providers and their related bodies corporate, and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries. TMSG selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by or contracted to TMSG to perform a variety of functions or services, such as list broking services, product marketing services, data pools, email systems providers, legal and accounting services, data storage, fulfilling orders and providing services, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions or offers and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
Contact by TMSG
- TMSG (and its directors, servants, agents and contractors), our promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-TMSG companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial “administrative emails”. Administrative emails relate to a user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account.
Ability of others to view information
- We may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services, utilise functionalities that allow you to post content to your own social media channels, or interact with particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. Reviews and testimonials that you upload to our social media platforms may be shared on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums and may also be published in promotional materials including but not limited to emails, point-of-sale material and flyers. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others either on our Websites or outside of our Website and We are not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your right of access
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
Storage and security of personal information
- TMSG will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. We ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. Personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- In some cases, we may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. Our employees, data processors, selected service providers and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
TMSG and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third-party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. TMSG is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
- We may use third-party advertisements on our Websites. All third-party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third-party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by TMSG or any of its affiliates. TMSG is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third-party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Related TMSG websites
Sale of the company
Problems or queries
The Privacy Officer
The Marketing Sales Group Pty Ltd
Unit 14, 633 Victoria St
Abbotsford VIC 3067
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. On receipt of your complaint a review will be conducted, and findings will be communicated to you where required. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us
Changes to this statement
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org