“The future depends on what you do today” (Mahatma Gandhi)
Farewell 2020 – it was a weird relationship.
Some amazing stories of persistence and resilience have emerged throughout the past year. Individuals, businesses and families have been tested on a global scale like no other time in modern history.
However, before we put this year to bed, there are a few questions we need to ask of ourselves.
Here are 9 essential questions we should draft a response to, prior to turning out the lights on 2020.
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What goals did you meet/achieve?
- Which of your goals weren’t realised/achieved?
- What helped drive you this year?
- Do you have any skills that are being under-utilised?
- What do you enjoy most about your work?
- Are there skills you can develop which would improve your performance in 2021?
- What are 2 goals you wish to achieve next year?
- What can you start now to help you achieve your goals for 2021?
Now is the time to regain control of things – the things that are within our Circle of Influence, as Stephen R. Covey encouraged.
“Tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” (Malcom X)