(1 minute read)
Research has shown – time and time again – that you are more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down.
With that said, give time and consideration to the following 10 goals to set for yourself in the year ahead.
- Increase your physical activity – either by time, type, or intensity. Most things are downstream of your health, so focus on that first and foremost.
- Read or ingest more – Quality in = quality out. Rubbish in = rubbish out. You choose!
- A real holiday – Quality downtime is the best re-charger of your internal batteries.
- Donate or Volunteer – Australia was recently rated # 6 on the ‘World Giving Index’. Help us achieve top 5 next year.
- Adopt more healthier options – You don’t need to change too much, just select the better option. Stairs v elevator; Fruit v cake; Implement the ‘water wedge’ if drinking alcohol when socialising.
- Shop Locally – Or ‘buy from the bush’ and support local and regional producers and artisans.
- Incorporate Gratitude and Mindfulness – Appreciative and grateful people are generally happier individuals than their counterparts.
- Be more Present – Whoever you are with, be with them.
- Give the Op-Shop a go – The ‘Op’ stands for Opportunity. You get a bargain, they get the necessary funds to continue good work. Win-Win!
- Strengthen Family Connections – “In times of test, family is best”. (Burmese proverb)